Memorial museum-estate named after Th. Kosciuszko
Memorial Museum-Estate of Tadeusz Kosciuszko - a museum dedicated to Tadeusz Kosciuszko, located near the town of Kossovo in the Ivatsevichi district of the Brest region in Belarus.
The original manor was built in 1720. In 1730 the Merechevshchyna farm was rented by Ludwik Kosciuszko Sekhnovichsky. In this house, he creates a family in which four children are born. The youngest of them was Andrei Tadeusz Bonaventura Kosciuszko, the future leader of the 1794 national liberation uprising.
During the Great Patriotic War, the one-story wooden house of Kosciuszek burned down.
The first memorial stone on the site of the estate was installed in 1987, which testified to the fact that it was here that the great son of the Belarusian land, the national hero of Poland and America, an honorary citizen of France, Andrei Tadeusz Bonaventura Kostyushko-Sekhnovichsky, was born.
In 1999, a stone with a bas-relief of Tadeusz Kosciuszko was installed, to which every year on the hero's birthday, February 4, representatives of different countries began to gather to honor his memory. In this regard, in 2003, by the decision of the regional executive committee, a decision was made “Abandoned syadzibnaga at the house of T. Kasciushki and the museum's memorial”.
In 2003, archaeological excavations began, during which the foundation and basement were found, which have survived since the beginning of the 18th century. And on this foundation the construction of the estate begins. The grand opening of the house-museum took place on September 23, 2004.